5 Ways To Be A Fashion Influencer By Global Influencer Masoom Minawala
Today, she is one of the first Indian influencers to walk the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival not once but twice in a row for L’Oréal Paris and has attended Paris Fashion Week on several occasions for luxury brands such as Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Christian Louboutin and Dior. After an eventful year in fashion and style in 2021, digital content creator, global influencer, entrepreneur and investor Masoom Minawala talks to News 18 about what it takes to be an influencer in a competitive fashion world.
“I have often spoken of recognizing the real behind the real. Being a fashion curator is no small feat, and it’s certainly not as glamorous as you think. The responsibility of a fashion influencer goes far beyond just curating looks and clicking on images. The road to being a fashion influencer is bumpy, with a lot of potholes that can only be smoothed out with hard work and consistency, trust me when I say that, it takes a village, ” expresses Masoom.
Masoom has focused on supporting and promoting Indian designers on global platforms. It is creators like Anamika Khanna, Rahul Mishra, Vaishali S who are close to her heart. “I love labels that find the perfect blend of our rich cultural heritage and the contours of Western silhouettes,” adds Masoom.
Top 5 Ways To Be A Fashion Influencer
- The most important point is to always believe that you are your own inspiration; whatever you are looking for is within you. Often times people tend to rely on and adapt to the creativity of others, embracing other people’s style and trying to make it their own, forgetting that the content curation industry is so diverse. and that it respects individuality.
- Find your goal and write down the big and small goals you want to achieve on your fashion journey; it is extremely essential for building a community.
- If you are new to the industry, take the approach of the newest ones you are perfecting, be receptive to current trends, but don’t get stuck, give your own twists and turns. Never hesitate to label large or small brands.
- Appreciate what you are doing; always wear a smile of confidence, come on trolls or haters. You need to understand that consistency in terms of posting as well as quality of content is what makes all the difference.
- Finally always analyze your data, listen to your viewers in the form of comments and likes, see what works for you and develop yourself, never be afraid to experiment, I realized that the more you go out of your area. comfort the more you grow.
Ultimately, no matter how many brands Masoom collaborates with, she has one very simple rule: your personal style is an extension of your personal expression. “The looks I select or the clothes I choose for brand collaborations essentially reflect my personality and it is the essence that builds the heart of what I do,” she adds.
Masoom also believes that one aspect of responsible fashion content curation is making sure that you thoroughly analyze the ethics and pathos of the brands you collaborate with. “Because the tone of your content as well as your brand collaborations are what defines the authenticity of your business. For example, if you are talking about a plant-based diet, promoting leather products is not ideal. I think the problem is that more often than not influencers don’t pay attention to which brands they choose to collaborate with, which increases the chances of the situation backfiring.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and news on the coronavirus here.