Social Media Executive – Pedestrian Jobs
THE UPSIDE is seeking a Social Media Manager with a passion for social media, an affinity for community building, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to join our growing company.
THE UPSIDE came to life in 2013 out of a deep, genuine love of yoga and a desire to reinvent workout apparel through a cutting-edge lens. We reserve space for every mood, every moment and every woman. Like the women who wear us, we believe in quality of life and wearing out the legs. We recognize the need to bring a fashion feel and yogi soul to quality apparel.
As we evolve and grow, we remain true to our guiding principles of balance and integrity, a code that runs through THE UPSIDE’s approach to life, design and production.
What we offer
- – Young, energetic, supportive and flexible work environment with a bright and open loft-style office environment in a great location.
- – Clothing allowance for you and discounts for family and friends
- – Yoga classes at home
- – A company with a proactive approach to social and philanthropic actions and a desire to continue to do better for the environment
- – Fast and exciting role
- – Training and development opportunities in areas that matter to you
What is the role
The key points
- – Development of our social media strategy, ensuring alignment with company/brand requirements and plans
- – This is a hands-on role requiring you to be a social media native, able to deliver world-class social media content and use ever-evolving best practice techniques.
- – With this in mind, you live and breathe social platforms and instinctively understand what a social audience likes (and dislikes).
- – You are highly engaged on all social platforms and carefully analyze and understand trends.
The detail around the role
- – Content planning and social content calendar management across all channels to work effectively with all other marketing activities.
- – Briefing the design team to create effective social creative, including attending photoshoots and corporate events for behind-the-scenes content.
- – Managing the social content calendar across multiple social platforms, including posting and scheduling all social content.
- – Collaborate with influencers and other brands to increase traffic, community memberships and email databases
- – Provide a solid acquisition and engagement strategy with the creative team and the media agency.
- – Work with the Marketing team to support product priorities.
- – Reporting on analytics and using the results to adapt and shape social media strategies going forward to ensure high customer engagement and high platform traffic.
- – With the extended marketing team, help develop and coordinate the influencer program, building relationships with influencers and agencies to promote the brand through earned and paid channels.
- – Create engaging content for social media sites, which may include but is not limited to writing captions, creating hashtags, collaborating with influencers, and creating multimedia content
- – Keep abreast of the latest trends in social media and digital technologies
- – Develop and oversee contests, social media campaigns and influencer events to bring attention to a brand
- – Liaise with digital agency and digital designer to create and implement paid media campaigns.
- – Monitor and respond to customer reviews, comments and social media posts
- – Engage and work with brand partners for contests and product launches
- – Coordinate all partnerships, crew concession relationships and applications and ensure all obligations to sponsors are met.
- – Coordinate all requests for promotional products, brand ambassador packs, etc.
What you need to bring to the role
We would love to hear from creative, digitally savvy professionals who are looking for an opportunity to grow in a dynamic environment. You will have:
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to express brand tone creatively
- – An understanding of how content works on different platforms
- – Excellent understanding of deadlines, with strong time management skills
- – Organized with impeccable attention to detail, with an ability to anticipate problems and provide appropriate solutions
- – Experience with all social media platforms, including planning and analytics tools.
- – Very effective interpersonal skills.
- – Knowledge and understanding of general marketing strategies and plans
- – 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- – An agile, committed, autonomous and resilient approach to work
- – A customer-focused, collaborative mindset with a strong approach to communication
What will give you an advantage
- – Experience in the fashion industry – particularly in a brand environment
- – A passion for our category and our results through effective relationships
- – Interest in photography
How to register
THE UPSIDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to provide an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We invite candidates from all walks of life to apply for one of our vacancies.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready for a new challenge with a great company, please click apply now and ensure your CV and cover letter have been uploaded to your profile.